This screeen allows you to edit your account settings (your profile), to control what others see. You must be logged in to view this screen.
- Your username was set when you first registered and can't be changed (otherwise it would break any links to your profile or adventures).
- Enter your first name and/or last name if you'd like to share this with others (you'll need to tick the box(es) below to share it). By default you are totally anonymous, without someone knowing your username they don't know who you are.
- You email address was set when registered, if your email address changes then you should also change it here otherwise any communication with you will be lost. If you change it we will send you an email to your old address letting you know that this has happened, if someone else had fraudulently changed your email address (say by you not logging out on a public computer) you can click a link in the email to reset it back.
- If you'd like people to know who you are then tick "Display your real name in your profile page" to show your first name and/or surname, by default this is ticked but it has no effect unless you enter your name.
- If you would like others to be able to find you to add you as a friend and/or to see your adventures using your real name then tick "Allow searching by your real name" (you'll obviously need to enter your name).
- Your email is private by default. If you'd like others to be able to add you as a friend by entering your email address (we won't actually display it though) then tick "Allow searching by your email address".
- The comment is a free text field which displays on your profile page if you enter one.
- You country was set when you registered. We use your country to center automatically canter and zoom the map when no locations are displayed, this can make it easier to manually enter locations or for others to get an idea of where your adventure might be.
- You time zone was added when you registered, it becomes the default time zone for new devices (which you should change if you move between different time zones), it also allows you to view other's adventures etc. in your own time zone.
- MAProgress allows you to fully customize your maps, controlling exactly how they should look, which provider to use, and who can view it. The default map settings for new adventures are edited here, but you can change them for individual adventures to suit.